Saturday, June 28, 2008

How I scale

Today's WOD as RX is:

45 double unders (jump rope...for each jump the rope goes under twice)
45 135# squat cleans
45 ring dips
45 double unders

I scale as follows:

tuck jumps (both feet flat on the ground, jump high into the air and tuck your knees into your chest)
45 115# cleans (I can't get into the deep squat position and can't get 135#)
45 dips each of the following equals one dip (1 ring dip, 2 bar dips, 3 bench dips)
45 tuck jumps

When I did dips, I did as many ring dips as I could, then moved immediatley to bar dips requiring 2 bar dips to equal one ring dip, then moved to bench dips requiring 3 to equal one ring dip.

Did as scaled in about 20 minutes (actual time was 21:22 but I stopped for a minute or so to take care of Isabelle prior to final tuck jumps. Triceps are feeling the dips!

Is it rest day yet?

No comments: