Monday, May 10, 2010

2010 Mini Marathon

time 1:57:06.

OK, so this was a test to see what I could do using only the CrossFit WODs as my training. No running except what was in the daily WODs...in fact, just over 17 total miles run since March 2, 2010.

How did it go? Cold and windy...winds were blowing 25mph at the start of the race...right into our faces. I had a faster pace for 5 miles than I did in 2009 (including 9:11 for the first mile), then started to slow down. I was seeded in a faster corral and probably started too fast. I was gunning for 1:45, but hoping to just break 1:50. After mile 8 or so, my right leg started to ache and I walked during a water break. It was too easy after that to walk again, but I'm not sure I had much choice...the leg really ached!

I guess I'm pretty happy with my time, but a little dissapointed I walked. For 2011, I'll stick with the CF WODs, but will also add in the CFE WODs for 90 days leading up to the mini.

For 2011, I'm breaking 1:50!

No comments: