Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Barbara

Today's WOD really wasn't too fun. Not too fun at all. Here it is:

"Barbara" - Five rounds, each for time of:
20 Pull-ups
30 Push-ups
40 Sit-ups
50 Squats
Rest precisely three minutes between each round.

Did an AM WOD today since RHS plays in the sectional final tonight. First 2 rounds as Rx. Pullups and pushups unbroken in first round. In the 3rd round, I alternated situps and squats to keep the metcon going, then alternated all exercises in the 4th and 5th rounds. I'd do pullups until failure, then pushups until failure, then situps, then squats. That definitely helped my times in the final 2 rounds and kept my heartrate up, so everybody wins, right?

Times were 4:31, 5:21, 7:13, 6:59, 6:16. Just over 30 minutes of work with 12 minutes of rest...total time including rest was 42:20 for 100 pullups, 150 pushups, 200 situps, and 250 squats.

Got home and was ready to do some burpees before I showered and got 9 done...then my body said, "What the heck do you think you're doing?" It didn't want to cooperate with my mind. I'll do the rest later...

No comments: